While Discord is already one of the best places to chat online, Discord music bots make it even more enjoyable. Sure, you could just stick with a basic server, but why not add your favorite tunes? You can easily play music from a variety of sources like Spotify, YouTube, and Soundcloud. Here we show you nine Discord music bots you can add to your server to spice things up a bit.
Tip: Your Discord stream is lagging in Windows? We help you fix it.
- Before Using Discord Music Bots
- 1. Hydra – Best for Song Requests
- 2. ProBot - Best Multi-Purpose Music Bot
- 3. Jockie Music - Best For Simultaneous Uses
- 4. Fredboat - Best Simple Music Bot
- 5. Chip Bot - Best Music Player Controls
- 6. 24/7 - Best for Internet Radio
- 7. ChillBot - Best for Lofi
- 8. Zandercraft Bot - Best for Entertainment
- 9. Aqua Music - Best Free Features
- Frequently Asked Questions
Before Using Discord Music Bots
In 2021, Google forced both Groovy and Rythm, the two most popular music bots at the time, to shut down after violating YouTube’s terms. Since pulling in music from various services may violate terms, be prepared for music bots to randomly lose access to certain sources or be shut down completely.
This is especially true with any bots that access YouTube. Google doesn’t like losing YouTube views to bots. It’s best to focus on music bots that support more than YouTube, just so that you’re not left in silence should Google ask the service to drop YouTube.
Note: only a few options on this list still have support from YouTube.
1. Hydra – Best for Song Requests
Price: Free / $2 monthly (for user) /$4 monthly (for server)
Hydra may easily be one of the best Discord music bots for accepting song requests. If you’ve ever dealt with your main channel being bombarded with song requests, you know how annoying this can be. Instead, Hydra creates a separate song request channel to keep things cleaner. It’s surprisingly user-friendly, even with numerous customizations. What’s really nice is how well commands are organized by role to help users better learn to control it.
- Lots of customizations
- Includes Reaction Roles for interactive messages
- Available in over 20 languages
- Supports a wide range of music platforms
- Easy to access command list based on role (everyone, DJ, admin, and premium-only)
- 24/7 playback requires premium account
- Free version limits the number of playlists
- No auto-play in free version
- No YouTube support
2. ProBot – Best Multi-Purpose Music Bot
Price: Free / starts at $2.50 per month
Why install numerous bots when one will handle everything? With ProBot, you get multiple useful bots all rolled into one. This is what makes this bot stand out. If you’ve ever tried managing and configuring multiple bots, you know how frustrating it can be. Since this is an all-in-one, you know everyone’s going to play nice with each other. It can be a little harder to set up at first, but most users will be fully happy with the free version.
- Creates welcome messages
- Autoresponder function
- Protects against raids
- Can configure a new leveling system
- Reaction roles
- Supports Vimeo, Bandcamp, and Soundcloud
- 24/7 music
- More difficult configuration
- May be more than some users need
- Music volume control is limited to premium version
Good to know: Let others know if you’re available for a game or busy doing something else by changing your status on Discord.
3. Jockie Music – Best For Simultaneous Uses
Price: Free / starts at $2 monthly
Sure, you could add multiple Discord music bots to ensure users don’t have to wait to play music. Or, you could use Jockie Music. It’s four music bots (or more) in one. If one is in use, the remaining ones step up to deliver music to other users. If your server has a lot of users trying to play music at once, this could be the perfect solution. Commands are easy to find and remember and most of what you need is in the free version.
- Includes 4-10 bots at once (5+ only available in premium plans)
- Supports Soundcloud, Spotify, Vimeo, Bandcamp, Tidal, Deezer, and more
- Plays over 20,000 radio stations from around the world
- Includes a Guess the Song game (30 second clips for users to guess the song)
- Audio filters and statistics are only available in premium versions
- Some audio controls are premium-only plans
- Busier servers will likely need a premium plan for the extra bots
4. Fredboat – Best Simple Music Bot
Don’t want to deal with a lot of settings and commands you don’t need? Then you should get Fredboat. When it comes to simplicity, this music bot is perfect. This really is the best part of the bot. It doesn’t complicate things with many features you’ll probably never use. The controls are straightforward and can be accessed anytime by typing “;;commands” to see the full list.
- Support for Deezer, Vimeo, Bandcamp, Soundcloud, and Twitch
- Enjoy an included game room, which features music games and other games
- New features added regularly
- Offers fun commands, such as posting random otter images or an angry table flip
- Everything’s free
- No advanced settings
- No premium version to get extras
5. Chip Bot – Best Music Player Controls
Price: Free / $12.50 per month
Having to always use text-based commands to control your music isn’t nearly as fun as it sounds. With Chip Bot, you get high-quality music along with buttons to press to pause, play, stop, and view the current playlist. For many users, this is preferable to the typical interface most music bots use. Surprisingly, many controls that are usually reserved for premium users are available in the free version. Odds are, you won’t feel the need to upgrade in most cases.
- Includes basic and advanced controls, such as bass, treble, and tremolo
- You can invite up to four Chip Bots to your server for simultaneous listening
- Button controls in addition to text commands
- Support for Soundcloud, Bandcamp, Twitch, Vimeo, and Mixer
- Hundreds of live radio stations available
- No support for Spotify
- 24/7 mode, audio filters, and extra settings are only available in Premium
- Server Premium is higher priced than comparable bots
6. 24/7 – Best for Internet Radio
Price: Free / $2.50 per month
24/7 is one of the easiest to use Discord music bots for listening to Internet radio. It’ll support numerous stations from around the world, along with streaming music services. The free version is fairly limited. You can search for things and play them. That’s about it. Plus, you get 24/7 music, which is usually a Premium-only feature. Overall, it’s straightforward, making it perfect for any server.
- Offers access to Internet radio stations
- Support for Spotify, Tidal, and Soundcloud
- Simple search and play controls
- Most features are Premium only, including playlists, audio controls, queues, and simultaneous listening
- Premium only includes two bots
- Mainly for Internet radio
Tip: Not sure whether you should opt for Spotify or Apple Music? Check out our in-depth comparison of the two services.
7. ChillBot – Best for Lofi
Price: Free / starts at $3 per month
If you have a more mellow Discord server, then add some lofi tunes. ChillBot gives you 24/7 lofi radio. All you have to do is jump into a voice channel and type /play. Since this bot doesn’t search for different songs/artists, you just get great lofi playing immediately. It’s not for every server, but it works well for background tunes that don’t distract from whatever the user is doing. Any kind of study, focus, or even gaming server might love this music bot.
- Devoted to lofi only
- Simple controls
- Only a single radio station included in free version
- Must upgrade for extra stations, genres, and audio controls
- No support for anything other than lofi, including streaming services
Note: If ChillBot isn’t exactly what you’re looking for, give Lofi Radio a try. It works similarly but doesn’t have a premium tier.
8. Zandercraft Bot – Best for Entertainment
Music is just one of many forms of entertainment. With Zandercraft Bot, you get to enjoy music, GIFs, comics, random memes, random facts, and even fancy insults. In terms of music, Zandercraft still pulls some music from YouTube, though this could disappear at any time. The bot’s other source is Soundcloud. Overall, it’s okay for music, but best for other entertainment features.
- Plays music, shares memes, facts, and much more
- Everything’s free
- Volume control is included
- Features some moderation features
- Only one solid music source (Soundcloud)
- YouTube support will likely be removed at some point
9. Aqua Music – Best Free Features
Price: Free / starts at $3 per month
Aqua Music is also one of the rare music bots still sourcing from YouTube, though it uses YouTube Music instead of YouTube. What’s most impressive is almost everything is completely free on one condition – you vote for them. It’s not that big of an ask, but of course, only vote if you like the bot. Overall, it’s easy to use and does far more than you’d expect without having to pay a single cent.
- Support for YouTube Music, Spotify, and Soundcloud
- Easy-to-use audio controls, including advanced controls
- Includes 24/7 music, autoplay, playlists, and more
- Focused solely on music
- Some filters are only available in Premium plans
- Cooldown period is required on commands in the free version
Tip: Heard a song somewhere and want to know what it is? Here are a series of methods to help you identify a tune.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I add music bots to Discord?
For most Discord music bots, you simply invite the bot to your server. You can do this directly from the bot’s website. You can also use this handy guide to step you through the process.
Can I install music bots without my own Discord server?
You’ll need your own server or be an admin with permission to add bots in order to add music bots to the server. Otherwise, you’ll need to join a Discord server that already uses a music bot. Use this guide to find Discord servers. Not sure where to start? Try these interesting Discord servers.
Should I upgrade the music bot to Premium plan?
All the music bots above work fine without upgrading to a Premium plan. However, you can get extra controls and features by upgrading. Usually, you’d only need premium on larger and more active servers, such as adding additional bots for simultaneous playing.
Are music bots safe?
They’re just as safe as any other popular Discord bots. Ideally, stick with reputable bots with good reviews. If your bot starts sending you messages with random links, remove it immediately as it’s a phishing scam.
Image credit: Eric Nopanen via Unsplash All screenshots by Crystal Crowder.
Crystal Crowder has spent over 15 years working in the tech industry, first as an IT technician and then as a writer. She works to help teach others how to get the most from their devices, systems, and apps. She stays on top of the latest trends and is always finding solutions to common tech problems.
Subscribe to our newsletter!
Our latest tutorials delivered straight to your inbox
What is the easiest Discord music bot? ›
MEE6 is the easiest music bot to use with its music dashboard, though you will need to pay to access it. Chip is the best free Discord music bot as it is the only one to provide audio effects for free. Hydra and Chip provide the widest selection of music platforms to stream from as well as radio.How do I improve my Discord music bot? ›
- Change the Bitrate.
- Enable Noise Suppression.
- Enable Push to Talk.
- Adjust Advanced Voice Processing Settings.
- Enable Quality of High Service Packet Priority.
- Adjust Attenuation Settings.
- Invest in a Better Microphone.
- Don't Settle for Bad Audio.
MEE6. MEE6 calls itself the 'most stable and intuitive music bot' and there's a reason for that. It offers a dashboard specifically to search, play, and replay songs into your Discord server.What is the most useful bot in Discord? ›
- MEE6. MEE6 is one of the best Discord bots for those pesky moderation tasks you need to do but just don't want to. ...
- Chip. Chip is a free music bot for Discord. ...
- Dank Memer. If memes are your love language, Dank Memer is the Discord bot for you. ...
- Hydra. ...
- Helper.gg. ...
- Groovy. ...
- Octave. ...
- PollBot Advanced.
The Rythm bot has been shut down along with other Discord bots like Groovy. Which Discord bots play Spotify? Spotify bots for Discord that are still available include MEE6, Hydra, and FredBoat.How do I invite Hydra to Discord? ›
To add the bot, open the official Hydra website, and click on the invite button, to invite the bot to your Discord Channel. Once you select the appropriate server, the bot will get added.What does 24 7 bot do? ›
24/7 🔊 - Discord Bots. Listen to your favorite radio station all day long, or play songs on demand without ever having to stop. The party won't stop when you leave either, because this bot stays in your channel 24 hours per day 7 days a week!How do you make 24/7 REPL bot? ›
- keeping the bot alive.
- adding a background task.
- link your repl.it bot with uptime robot.
If you encounter Discord audio cutting out during a voice call you can try to completely restart Discord or tune DIscord's voice sensitivity. Also, you can try to turn off Echo Cancellation, change the Discord voice channel region or allow apps to access your microphone settings in Windows to resolve this issue.Is Google shutting down Discord music bots? ›
“So Long, See You Honey”: Google's Rapid Shut Down of Discord Music Bots. Rythm Discord music bot offlined on September 15, another sad day of music disappearing from the internet at the whims of corporate interest.
Is BetterDiscord a self bot? ›
A self-bot embedded inside a BetterDiscord plugin that allows you to use the rich-text/embed feature. This will create an embed with a red color and with a title saying "This is the title" with textsaying "This is the text". Color can be any hex color. Title MUST be wrapped in double quotes.Can Spotify detect bots? ›
How does Spotify detect bot streaming. Spotify has an intelligent system capable of detecting fraudulent streams automatically and investigating the issue, ensuring that no bot streamed release ever manipulates the market and ultimately the payout to artists.Does Spotify allow bots? ›
How Spotify protects against artificial streaming. An artificial stream is a stream that doesn't reflect genuine user listening intent, including any instance of attempting to manipulate Spotify by using automated processes (bots or scripts).Does Discord detect Spotify? ›
Once you authorize your Discord and Spotify accounts to connect, the "Connections" section will show that Spotify is connected to Discord. There will also be a badge on your Discord profile showing your Spotify username (you can turn this off in the Connections menu).Do Hackers use bots? ›
Hackers may use botnets to send phishing or other scams to trick consumers into giving away their money. They may also collect information from the bot-infected machines and use it to steal identities and incur loans or purchase charges in the user's name.What is the first bot in Discord? ›
If you're wondering what the first Discord bot was, it was named Airhorn Solutions and released on April 1st, 2016.Do Discord bots cost money? ›
Once you add Discord bots, you can use the bot commands right from your server. All of these best bots for Discord are free to use, but some include paid upgradeable features. Let's go over the exciting features of each of the best bots to add to Discord!Does MEE6 have NSFW? ›
MEE6 on Twitter: "@RealLonesamurai They're NSFW posts, which means currently they won't embed." / Twitter.Is MEE6 free? ›
MEE6' free version comes with automatic roles and 1 reaction role message with a maximum number of 2 reactions. With MEE6 Premium, however, you can also access advanced custom commands (such as give/remove role) and create up to 40 reaction role messages with a maximum number of 20 reactions.Why is Hydra down? ›
German law enforcement agencies announced early Tuesday morning that German federal police known as the BKA—in a joint operation with the FBI, DEA, IRS Criminal Investigations, and Homeland Security Investigations in the US—seized Hydra's Germany-based servers, shutting down the site and confiscating $25 million in ...
Is Hydra bot free? ›
Hydra at its core is a free service and will always stay like that! However, running such a project costs a lot of time, effort and resources - and sadly all of that costs money.Do bots get paid? ›
Another way to make money from your bots is by getting paid for them through paid work platforms like Google Adsense or Facebook Ads. These platforms pay out small sums of money each time someone clicks on an ad that was created by a bot built with their platform.What do Tik Tok bots do? ›
TikTok bots work on the same principle that a traditional Instagram Bot works. You give the tool target audience guidelines and custom filters which it then uses to automate the activity of liking, commenting, and following other account's posts and profiles at scale.What is Apollo bot for? ›
Apollo Bot will help you engage with our open source codebases and the surrounding ecosystem.Can Replit run forever? ›
Well, replit doesn't offer complete 24/7 uptime on any repls, even the hacker repls.What is Replit hacker plan? ›
With a free Hacker plan students will be able to create unlimited private repls. Private repls are a great place to learn new languages, study for an assignment, or put the finishing touches on a project.How to code a Discord bot? ›
- Turn on “Developer mode” in your Discord account.
- Click on “Discord API”.
- In the Developer portal, click on “Applications”. ...
- Name the bot and then click “Create”.
- Go to the “Bot” menu and generate a token using “Add Bot”.
- Program your bot using the bot token and save the file.
If you stay in a call by yourself, the app will disconnect you after a few minutes. However, closing the app won't disconnent you. If im in a stage do i get disconnected if i close the app?Why is Discord cutting out so much? ›
Make sure it's forming a good physical connection. Check your Input Device. If your voice sounds far away or quiet, your computer could be using a microphone from a device you didn't intend, like a webcam or a headset. Make sure Discord is using the microphone you prefer.Why am i muffled on Discord? ›
The reasons behind muffled and distorted sound in Discord can be a conflict between Discord and other filters, noise suppression (Krisp), push to talk feature, a damaged microphone, wrong audio bitrates, your microphone's low volume, wrong audio subsystem, disabled echo cancellation, and high packet priority.
Do hackers use Discord? ›
Discord as stolen data storage
Webhooks allow third parties to send messages to a Discord channel. Hackers can use them to create URLs to send messages. Webhooks are a popular method to withdraw data from a hacked user device. A hacker can sync webhooks with a corrupted system and extract the stolen data via Discord.
Automating normal user accounts (generally called "self-bots") outside of the OAuth2/bot API is forbidden, and can result in an account termination if found. Was this article helpful?Can BetterDiscord ban me? ›
Can BetterDiscord get me banned? As mentioned in the last question, discord does not hand out bans for simply using BetterDiscord. If you abuse the service to further violate discord's policies, you risk account suspension.What bots are recommended for Discord? ›
- MEE6. MEE6 is a bot that enables you to automate tasks like sending welcome messages. ...
- Dank Memer. If you want a fun Discord atmosphere, then you might want to consider adding the Dank Memer bot to your list. ...
- Helper.gg. ...
- ProBot. ...
- IdleRPG. ...
- Community Hubs. ...
- Tip.cc. ...
- Double Counter.
Arcane. Arcane is a lot like MEE6 and Dyno, except its primary focus is leveling. This feature is completely free and enables you to use role rewards and leaderboards in your server. The bot can even calculate voice activity.